Westminster Walkers is a walking program offered to you free of charge by St. Anthony Hospital Health Passport as part of our commitment to serve the community by providing an opportunity for health and wellness. The goal is to help you walk your way to better health. Westminster Walkers is open to people of all ages.
You can walk anywhere, anytime you wish. Record your mileage and meet us every second Friday for information on a health related topic. Map to St. Anthony North
Westminster Walkers Scheduled Events
Every second Friday at 8:30 AM at St. Anthony North Hospital, there will be a speaker discussing health and wellness.
Are There Any Fees Involved?
There is no registration fee to become a member of Westminster Walkers. All monthly events are free to Health Passport members.
How Do I Join?
You may sign up for Westminster Walkers by calling St. Anthony Hospital Health Passport at 720-321-8940.
- Consult your physician before starting a new program.
- Choose a good walking shoe with lateral support in the heel area, support in the arch area and a lightweight sole.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
- Always begin and end with 10 - 15 minutes of stretching.
- If you feel pain, stop walking and seek medical advice. Walk at a brisk comfortable pace.
- Drink water before, during and after your walk.
- Always monitor your heart rate while exercising. Use the "Talk Test." As long as you can keep up a conversation while exercising, you are within a safe range.